The following pages contain important information on Costs and Terms of Payment, What is / is not included, Cancellation Policy & Fees, Compulsory Insurance, Health Considerations, Liability, Pricing & Currencies Fluctuations, Travelling with Camera Gear, etc.
Please take the time to read it carefully
This tour is charged in £ Sterling and that is the only constant price.
- In order to secure your spot on this tour, a deposit of £400 is required. This deposit can be paid via PayPal only at present and it is non-refundable. Please note that your spot on the workshop is NOT confirmed until we have received the deposit payment. Please contact us if you have problems paying with PayPal.
- Full Payment must be made 60 days prior to the start of the tour. We will send out a final invoice for the full amount to remind you of the due date with plenty of time to spare. If we have not received your full payment 60 days prior to the start of the tour and you did not inform us of a valid reason for a late payment, Extreme Light reserves the right to consider your booking as cancelled.
- You will need to complete and sign a standard liability disclaimer and provide us with proof of travel insurance that provides emergency evacuation cover.
- When booking within 60 days of the start of the tour, full payment will be required to secure your spot.
- The deposit is not refundable under any circumstance. When you book a spot on the tour, we make all the necessary bookings with all the third parties and pay their required deposit. Most of the deposits we pay are not refundable and therefore we cannot refund your deposit. Whatever we still hold is used to pay for the administrative work of changing all the bookings made on your behalf. The only exception will be if you can find a substitute to attend the workshop in your place.
- If you need to cancel your participation once you have made full payment, a 75% refund (excluding deposit) will be given up to 30 days prior to the start of the tour.
- Extreme Light Photo Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour if it is necessary or advisable due to events such as outbreak of conflict, government intervention, expiry of concessions or access right or insufficient booking numbers being available. The operation of the tour is at the sole discretion of Extreme Light Photo Tours, having in mind the safety & welfare of all participants and the safe and prudent operation of the itinerary and program. In such a case all monies paid by participants for the tour, in holding by Extreme Light Photo Tours, will be refunded to the participants. This excludes deposits or full payments made to 3rd parties involved in the tour, for example: Hotels, Local Tour Companies or Travel Agents.
- The client who signifies his acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of himself and persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the terms and conditions of Extreme Light Photo Tours as if they had made the application themselves.
- Extreme Light Photo Tours Ltd
Extreme Light Photo Tours is a company registered in the United Kingdom with Directors Tim Nevell & Paul Duvall.
- Payment Terms
This tour will start on the Thursday and the cost is highlighted on each tour page as per person sharing.
This tour is charged in £ Sterling and that is the only fixed price.
As stipulated in the payment and cancellation terms, a non-refundable deposit of £400 is payable when booking.
A final payment of the balance will be payable 60 days prior to the start of the tour, Date Here highlighted on each tour page and in the booking.
- Included in the Tour
Two persons per room (i.e. shared double occupancy), unless single supplement option is exercised and secured at the time of payment of deposit.
Ground Transport for the entire duration of the tour.
One half-day outing to the best available Glacier Ice Caves at the time of arrival, using local professional tour guides to ensure our safety at all times, or this substituted for a one day highlands photography tour.
All tourism taxes and park entry fees.
All accommodation costs.
Two very experienced tour guides with great knowledge and experience of landscape photography in Iceland.
- Not Included in the Tour
Airfare to and from Iceland.
Meals & Drinks throughout the duration of the tour.
Travel visas and associated costs, if applicable.
Expenses of a personal nature, not specifically included above.
Credit card surcharges.
Guarantee of any specific weather conditions or Northern Lights/Auroras. We always do our absolute best to make sure we visit Iceland in the ideal times of a season based on our experience, but Iceland is very unpredictable where weather is concerned so it is therefore self-explanatory that we cannot control or guarantee any specific weather for the duration of our tour(s).
- Travel Insurance Is Compulsory
Due to the remote destinations visited for this photo tour, participants are required to purchase emergency evacuation insurance coverage at their expense. To emphasize, emergency evacuation insurance is MANDATORY for this photo tour. If you are unsure about where to purchase this cover, most general insurers, banks and travel agencies sell travel insurance. Simply contact your insurance broker. If you pay for this photo tour using your credit card and you opt to use the general travel insurance associated with major credit cards, we urge you to check that this cover provides fully for emergency evacuation. Also, please ensure that all pre-existing medical conditions, if any, are made known to the insurance underwriter at the time of application for your insurance for this photo tour. These precautions will assist avoiding any delays in the event that an emergency evacuation or other medical services are called upon, under your policy. We recommend you disclose your participation in this photo tour to your insurer.
- Health Considerations
This photo tour is designed to be within the capabilities of average people in good health. Some of the time participants will be required to walk over uneven terrain or trails, stepping into and out of high super jeep type vehicles and hiking. All with a load of sometimes heavy camera equipment. If you have concerns about your own capabilities and/or fitness as it relates to this photo tour, please contact us to clarify any uncertainties.
By paying the initial non-refundable deposit, you warrant that, to the best of your knowledge you do not have any physical or other disability that would create a risk for you or other participants. Extreme Light Photo Tours assumes no responsibility for medical care. We will advise the lodges/hotels of any dietary requirements or restrictions for individual participants, if sufficient notice is provided, but we do not assume responsibility for the delivery of such special dietary requirements.
If you sustain an injury or become ill on the photo tour, Extreme Light Photo Tours reserves the right to continue the photo tour for the benefit of other participants. Extreme Light Photo Tours will make every effort to assist you while at the same time trying to minimize interruption to the photo tour.
Extreme Light Photo Tours reserves the absolute discretion, in the event of behaviour detrimental to other participants, to decline any person’s participation at any time during the photo tour and cancel that person’s participation in the photo tour, in which case any refund will be on a recoverable cost basis only, charged at a per day rate, based on your overall cost.
Extreme Light Photo Tours and/or its agents act only as agents for the participants in this photo tour, in regard to travel arrangements including, but not limited to, day tours, photography, sightseeing, meals, lodging and transportation, whether by railroad, vehicle, motor coach, boat, ship or aircraft. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Extreme Light Photo Tours and/or its agents, disclaim any liability for injury, damage, loss, or delay which may be occasioned by reason of a defect in any vehicle or for any other reason whatsoever, or through the acts or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the participant or in carrying out the arrangements of the photo tour. Extreme Light Photo Tours and/or its agents accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or other changes in air or other services, sickness, weather, strike, war, quarantine or other causes. All such losses or expenses are borne by the participant, as the photo tour costs provide for arrangements only for the times and locations stated. Baggage, including photographic equipment is at the participant’s risk entirely, and as an insurable risk. Reasonable care has been taken to compile the information in this and the other documents pertaining to this photo tour, but circumstances change. For example, airline schedule changes, airline fuel charges, taxes and operational costs are subject to change. Extreme Light Photo Tours and/or its agents are not responsible for changes that occur and reserve the right to change the price of the photo tour up to the date of commencement.
The right is reserved by Extreme Light Photo Tours to (i) substitute hotels/lodges/tents/camps of similar category for those indicated and to make any changes in the itinerary or transport where deemed necessary or caused by changes in schedules or equipment substitution; (ii) cancel the photo tour prior to departure, in which case a refund as explained under the cancellation section of this disclaimer will be given. (However, in such event Extreme Light Photo Tours and/or its agents will not be responsible for any other trip preparation expenses such as penalized or non-refundable air tickets, visa fees and medical related expenses); (iii) substitute photo tour leader(s) for the leader(s) originally specified, in which case the substitution is not a basis for participant cancellation or refund, and (iv) accept or refuse any person as a participant in the photo tour.
Extreme Light Photo Tours does not accept any liability of whatever nature, whether in contract, or otherwise, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Extreme Light Photo Tours disclaims liability in contract, or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or any other event which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on the part of Extreme Light Photo Tours.
- Travelling with camera gear
It is always crucial to take your camera gear as carry-on luggage so that it may not fall victim to stolen or lost baggage. Although all airlines have a limitation on the weight of your carry-on luggage, most of them don’t allow valuable items to go into the hold. This creates a grey area as camera equipment is heavy, but also very valuable. Do your homework with each airline you book to see the limitations available.